* The dragon is a mighty magickal animal; it represents vitality and energy.
* The dragon is symbolic of a union of the beneficial powers of the elements: Uniting water (the serpent) with air (the bird), it represents the coming together of matter and spirit.
* The whole Earth was viewed by the Druids as the body of the Dragon. Menhirs and stone Circles were located at great Power nodes.
* Another name for raising power is to invoke the "Eye of the Dragon."
* The beneficent aspects of dragon energy are displayed on the Welsh flag with its proud, red dragon.
* In the Far East, the dragon represented the positive aspects of primal energy.
* The infamous painting of St. George, the Dragonslayer, could be symbolic of the Christian destruction of Pagan beliefs.
* In some myths, the Dragon is also the "Witch Mother," and that's why she had to be slain by a male source.